There is nothing bad to say about this process other than the fact that I miss working out. Imagine that? I don't even know who I am anymore.
So I did my shopping on Sunday before the UR (Ultimate Rest) so that we would be ready for the week. I followed the shopping list provided and doubled it based on the fact that both my husband and I were doing it together. That was a mistake. I barely had room...no actually, I didn't have room in my fridge for all of it. I had to put a few things in my garage fridge.
Some Prep Needed!
I got up a little earlier on Monday so I could get all of our supplements ready for the day and get my husband's food packed to take to work with him. We were both anxious to get started!
Day 1, the food was great!
Food, Food, Food
Shakeology Oh How I Love YOU!!!
Then this happened...
Let's get real though, we know we want to see that scale move when working this hard.
Final Results for Week #1:
My husband lost 13.5 pounds and I lost 9.2 pounds.
Not too shabby!
Hints and Tips
- You are allowed to mix and match meals from the same meal within the same week. So during week 1 you can have any week 1 breakfast, lunch or dinner swapped for the same meal. The one exception to this rule is there is NO meat after day 2. I would just avoid days 1 and 2 for the remainder of the week since they also include eggs and toast.
- Don't fully count on the shopping list. We wound up with some excess that didn't get used. I highly encourage you to make your shopping list by using the meal plan rather than the shopping list.
- Don't try and be a hero and skip your afternoon snack. We ate ours every day (I missed one) and still had great results. If you're not hungry don't eat it, but if you're on the verge of hunger and unsure if your final meal is going to be enough, have the snack.
- Portion out your supplements daily. That way there is no 2nd guessing "Did I already take that or not?"
- Drinking the Power Greens...mix them in as little water as possible, hold your breath and chug. I used about 3oz of cold water. Some suggest to have a wedge of lemon handy for after you chug it...I found just chasing it with my water was fine. They aren't "that" bad, but they aren't that good either. Day 1 was the hardest, but it got much easier.